What is a short throw laser projector and how do you get the best product? Before you jump into the decision of buying just about any short throw laser projector in your local store or favorite online shop, let’s talk about this type of projector and some tips to get the best product for your particular needs.
Short throw projectors have very promising qualities and are available in the market in different types and forms. In fact, you can check out our buying guide and product review for the best short throw projectors in this page.
However, the short throw laser projector stands out of the lot, especially if you are looking for a low-maintenance equipment that is best for houses of worship, conference rooms, and other enclosed areas.
There are many brands offering this type of projector. But before deciding which one to pick, check out the following information about the short throw laser projectors:
What is the Difference Between the Short Throw Laser Projector and Other Types?
This type of projector is specifically used for spaces that are small and tight. Known for its lightweight feature, it can easily be mounted just a few centimeters away from a wall or surface.
Its best and most unique feature is its service life. Because it uses laser technology as opposed to lamp-based projection, you don’t need to replace any busted lamps or bulbs. The short throw laser projector is also designed to last longer than most types of projectors at the same frequency of use and degree of image quality.
Speaking of quality, expect extremely high resolution and vivid imagery of your movies, presentations, and other visual images when you use a short throw laser projector. The image is crystal-clear whether some of the lights in the room are turned on or not.
Compared to other short throw projectors, devices that use laser light engines have direct-view censors intended to provide eye protection for strain.
How a short throw laser projector works [source]
Here’s a list of benefits that a short throw laser projector can bring to you:
- Lamp replacement won’t be a problem. As a result, you can save money and time.
- It has a longer lifespan compared to other types of projectors. Laser diodes usually last 20,000 hours (or about ten years), which is around ten times longer than the usual lifespan of older types of projectors and six times longer than some of the other types of short throw projectors.
- The use of laser light engine promises enhanced color and contrast.
- Compared to other types of short throw projectors, the laser variant does not require a cooling period or warm-up time. You can literally just turn it on and it will work like any other television.
Check out this video that demonstrates why a 1080p laser projector may work best for you:
Tips in buying the best short throw laser projector
If you’re considering a high-quality projector for your needs, here are some tips to find the best product in the market:
- Know the color and white brightness that you need. Typically measured in lumens, color and white brightness is the light output the projectors use to show an image.
- Pick a product with exceptional resolution. Higher resolution means that your projector has the capacity to use a greater number of pixels to project an image.
- Check the contrast ratio. A projector that has a contrast ratio of 1000:1 would mean that the brightest white can be as 1,000 times brighter than the darkest black on a screen.
- Consider the size of the projector. The good thing about short throw laser projectors is that they come in compact sizes but they function as good as the other types that are bigger in size.
- Look for a user-friendly device. No matter how updated you are in the use of technology, you need to consider the ease of use as a factor in buying a projector. This should be one of your primary concerns especially if you are getting a projector for your home.
- Measure the size of the room before buying a projector. In the case of short throw projectors, know the size of the room where you are going to install the device. This type is generally for more intimate settings, although it can also work in large rooms.
Ready For A Short Throw Laser Projector?
If you want to bring your presentations and entertainment experience to the next level, a short throw laser projector is definitely the perfect product for you. This type of projector earns top marks for its low maintenance, long service life, and outstanding image quality.
Tell us in the comments below about your own experiences or expectations in using this kind of projector. We also encourage you to share your thoughts on what is a short throw laser projector in your opinion.